Primitive Wood Blocks - Faith by PrimitiveHodgePodge
How do you hang in there as a new seller?? Or when you are launching a new line??
Have a little faith in what you are doing!!! You know your products ROCK, and when you know that, others will see your confidence and they will know that your creations rock too!!!
She Believed She Could So She Did by valentinadesign
It's like the little engine that could.... I think I can, I think I can, I think I can!!
I've seen so many people give up after a month or so, and it's so sad, because they had GREAT things to offer!!
We must remember that success doesn't happen overnight, though we wish it would. It takes trial and error, determination, hard work, tears, and FAITH!!
Faith 8x10 Oil and Encaustic Painting by Deconstructing9er
So don't give up, don't get discouraged, and have FAITH in yourself!!!!!!
Wednesday, July 21, 2010
Posted by Becky from PurdyThings at 7:14 AM
Tuesday, July 13, 2010
I will email you to let you know as well!!! Congrats!!! New giveaway Tomorrow!!!!!!!!
Posted by Becky from PurdyThings at 11:06 AM
Saturday, July 10, 2010
When you thought I wasn't looking I saw you hang my
first painting on the refrigerator, and I immediately
wanted to paint another one.
When you thought I wasn't looking I saw you feed a
stray cat, and I learned that it was good to be kind
When you thought I wasn't looking I saw you make my
favorite cake for me, and I learned that the little
things can be the special things in life.
When you thought I wasn't looking I heard you say a
prayer, and I knew that there is a God I could always
talk to, and I l earned to trust in Him.
When you thought I wasn't looking I saw you make a
meal and take it to a friend who was sick, and I
learned that we all have to help take care of each
When you thought I wasn't looking, I saw you give of
your time and money to help people who had nothing,
and I learned that those who have something should
give to those who don't.
When you thought I wasn't looking I saw you take care
of our house and everyone in it, and I learned we have
to take care of what we are given.
When you thought I wasn't looking I saw how you
handled your responsibilities, even when you didn't
feel good, and I learned that I would have to be
responsible when I grow up.
When you thought I wasn't looking I saw tears come
from your eyes, and I learned that sometimes things
hurt, but it's all right to cry.
When you thought I wasn't looking I saw that you
cared, and I wanted to be everything that I could be.
When you thought I wasn't looking I learned most of
life's lessons that I need to know to be a good and
productive person when I grow up.
When you thought I wasn't looking I looked at you and
wanted to say,'Thanks for all the things I saw when
you thought I wasn't looking.'
Makes you think doesn't it??
Makes you wonder what they see? What are you doing that they see that you don't want them to see??
A while ago, a woman I know was asked what makes her fabulous.. she said "Being intentional is what makes me fabuous, I'm an intentional mom, wife, friend, and Christian." That really stuck with me. What did she mean intentional?
This poem touches on that VERY nature, and you may think it's accidental, because of the premise of "when you thought I wasn't looking".. well. I had sent this on to the women in my life who shaped me, and my grandma wrote back the most profound one line answer..
OK so back to being an intentional person, the world is always watching you. Be intentional with your compassion, be intentional with your time, be intentional with your resources, be intentional with your courtesies. You don't have to be a Christian to be intentional. But do everything for a reason, when you go have fun with your friends, be intentional to show them how much they mean to you, with your mate, be intentional to let them know just how much you care about them, with your parents, be intentional to let them know you appreciate all the did for you.
Women are always growing, and unfortunately there are those women who are intentional in hurting others, I say be intentional to turn a deaf ear to their gossip. I say be intentional to lead by example. Why oh why oh why do women set out to tear down other women? It's a disaster! So be intentional in building other women up.
And remember that though you might not think anyone is paying attention to what you do or say..... SOMEONE always is.
Wednesday, July 7, 2010
It's time for a giveaway!!!
- 3 items of your choice from their shop (excluding car seat canopies) OR
- 1 Car Seat Canopy of your choice
- When I started Funky PolkaDot Giraffe over 2 years ago I was making burp cloths and diaper/wipe caddies. I only had a little boy and didn't have much need for bows or clips. I chose the name Funky Polkadot Giraffe because my son ADORES giraffes and I love polka dots and we're a little funky, so it fit us perfectly. When I found out in June of 2008 that I was having a girl my wheels started turning and I started making bows. I started with korkers and it has evolved from there. I owe most everything I know about bow making to my friend Ashby - she's a great teacher and tutorial writer. From there is has snowballed and I started making headbands, princess clips, seasonal ribbon art creations (like my Turkey, Snowman, and Chocolate Bunny). It's been a fun and exciting journey into the creative - there are so many things I want to make, but only so many hours in the day!
- In addition to bows I also make car seat canopies - because they were a big hit at baby showers. My friend told me the other day - "This is my most favorite gift ever!" The car seat canopies keep strange hands from being tempted to touch your precious new baby, give them some place dark and quiet to nap, protect from the elements, and don't blow away or fall off like a blanket thrown over the top does. Bows can be added to the straps at no additional charge.
- I've been married to the love of my life for almost 9 years and it's gone by in the blink of an eye. I used to be a second grade teacher and I believe second grade is the magic year! I love to read, craft, play with my kids and hang out with my fab friends.
- Leave a comment on this blog about what your favorite items are from FunkyPolkaDotGiraffe's shop.. and the other ways you have entered!
- Follow This Blog
- Heart FunkyPolkaDotGiraffe on Etsy
- Like PurdyThings on Facebook
- Heart PurdyThings on Etsy
Monday, July 5, 2010
I again apologize for my absence!! I do have a PERFECTLY good excuse.. we moved!!
We moved from Rocklin, Ca (Near Sacramento) to Queen Creek, Az, (near Phoenix).
We got here about a month ago, and have gotten into a wonderful summertime routine, complete with pool and bbq!
I have found a WONDERFUL photographer out here!! Check her out!!
Have no fear though.... I have NOT let my creativity get packed away!!! here are a few NEW things for the Purdy Things lovers out there!!!
Posted by Becky from PurdyThings at 10:09 AM