Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Let Your Faith Be {BIGGER} Than Your Fear


179088522651684959_ePP3YC2W_c

What does that saying mean to you??
It’s hard to really wrap your mind around actually just {TRUSTING} that everything is always under control isn’t it??
BUT IT IS!
Have you ever been challenged to do something and you know in your heart it {IS} the right thing to do?? But oh my goodness it’s going to be scary!! I’ve come to realize in those situations that is where you put your trust and faith in the ONE who promises to get us through {EVERYTHING} He brings us to if we just believe and love Him!
Romans 8:28
And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him..
Sometimes the new adventures in our life can be so overwhelmingly daunting and terrifying.  And sometimes it seems that there is NO way it can be conquered… but it {can}.  I’ve been through MANY things in my life.  I’ve been through sexual abuse, and I’ve felt the sting of abandonment, I’ve felt the fear that I’ll never be good enough, I’ve felt the fear that I might not be able to have a second change at marriage, I’ve felt the fear that I would screw up my kids. In the beginning I turned to drugs.. that did NOT make me braver or stronger.  Then I got pregnant at 18 and felt the fear of being a failure mother… so I turned into a control freak. (and was off the drugs… nothing was worth more to me than my son) That didn’t do anything but push people away… it wasn’t until about 5 years later, when I was at my own personal low, divorced, 2 sons, living with my mother in a not so good environment, at a dead end job, feeling like I didn’t deserve to be loved by anyone.. (cue the violins)
I met my husband… we said lets take the kids to church… and THAT is where I heard the Lord say welcome home my beloved Daughter. What?? You mean the Lord was with me through all the bad and good?? How does that make sense?? I found out through one verse how that makes sense:
John 16:33
33 “I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.”
There is NO need to fear ANYTHING if you have {FAITH} in the Lord because even if it’s the troubles in life… HE promised us ALL will be for good!! And when your being challenged.. don’t you know that the ONE who can heal ALL hurts, and Created the world can get you through it!! We are so blessed to have a Lord and Savior who can do ANYTHING!
what do you think??
xoxo
Becky

2 comments:

Nicole Miller said...

That's a wonderful testimony Becky! How amazing to see what God has brought you through, and how blessed your life is now. You are an inspiration.

Unknown said...

awww thanks Nicole you are such a blessing in my life :)